Halloumi Pasta Recept?
- 320 g glutenvrije fusilli
- 2 groene paprika’s*
- 2 roma tomaten*
- Zwarte olijven
- 200 g halloumi
- 2 el olijfolie
- Een scheutje citroensap
- Peper en zout
How to make halloumi with pasta recipe?
How to make halloumi pasta – To make the halloumi with pasta recipe, start by thinly slicing the halloumi. Then add half of the oil into a large/deep non-stick frying pan on a medium/high heat. To that, add the halloumi and fry each side for 2 minutes. Once the halloumi is golden brown on both sides, set the halloumi aside.
What can I make with cherry tomatoes and halloumi?
For the pasta, heat a frying pan until hot over a medium heat, add the fresh cherry tomatoes and fry for 4-5 minutes, or until just softened. Remove from the pan and set aside. Add the olive oil, red onion, garlic and chilli to the pan the tomatoes were cooked in and fry for 2-3 minutes.
Add the halloumi cheese and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until pale golden-brown on both sides. Add the canned cherry tomatoes and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add the fresh cherry tomatoes and oregano and cook for a further minute. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Add the cooked pasta to the pan and mix gently until well combined. For the salad, whisk the mustard and vinegar together in a bowl, then whisk in the olive oil. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place all the salad leaves into a bowl and pour over the dressing.
What can I use instead of halloumi cheese?
Halloumi Pasta – This healthy halloumi pasta is an excellent vegetarian entree, perfect for busy weekdays. It’s made in only 10 minutes, and kids love it. Prep Time 2 mins Cook Time 10 mins Total Time 12 mins Course Dinner Cuisine Mediterranean Servings 4 Calories 434 kcal
- ▢ 8 ounces penne
- ▢ 1 red onion
- ▢ 8 ounces halloumi
- ▢ 8 cherry tomatoes
- ▢ 1 small bunch basil
- ▢ ½ lemon (juice only)
- ▢ 2 garlic cloves
- ▢ 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
- ▢ ¼ teaspoon salt
- ▢ ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ▢ 3 sun dried tomatoes (finely diced)
- Boil your pasta according to the instructions on the package. This typically takes 10 minutes depending on which type of pasta you use.
- Add a little olive oil to a skillet or frying pan, and cook the cherry tomatoes for a few minutes until they are soft and warm. Remove them from the pan, and set them to the side.
- Add sliced halloumi and thinly sliced onions to the skillet. Pan fry on medium to high heat for a few minutes, until the halloumi is soft with a golden surface. Add finely grated garlic, and sauté for another minute.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, canned diced tomatoes, and sun dried tomatoes to the pan. Allow the sauce to cook on medium heat while you wait for the pasta to finish, typically 5 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent the ingredients from burning.
- Drain the boiled pasta, and add it to the sauce, along with chopped fresh basil. Stir to coat the pasta with the sauce. Serve immediately, optionally with a drizzle of lemon juice on top.
Store leftovers in a refrigerator for up to 5 days. Reheat before serving, or enjoy them cold as a pasta salad.
Calories: 434 kcal Carbohydrates: 54 g Protein: 22 g Fat: 15 g Saturated Fat: 10 g Sodium: 985 mg Potassium: 518 mg Fiber: 4 g Sugar: 7 g Vitamin A: 409 IU Vitamin C: 28 mg Calcium: 633 mg Iron: 2 mg Keyword halloumi, healthy, pasta, summer, vegetarian